(1) What are the necessary documents for import and export ?
Documents required to import goods as follows:
- Commercial invoice
- Packing list
- Certificate of Origin
- Health certificates (for foodstuffs with preparation of the approval of the Municipal Department of some countries).
- The Bill of lading are stamped on the back by the company’s signature.
- Delegation of the NOC.
(2) What is a bill of lading / airway bill ?
(3) What is the volumetric weight ?
(4) How is volumetric weight measured ?
(5) How is CBM measured ?
(6) What is the HS code ?
It is an international multi-purpose method for labeling goods, and it’s developed by the World Customs Organization (WCO). It is called the common system and if we want to expand the definition of this system, it is a globally readable language of economy and coding of goods and an indispensable means of international trade. It is used to determine the proportion of the fee applicable to any commodity. It is the only way to determine the class, item, and percentage of the customs duties of certain commodities. It consists of a table containing items and sub-items, their numerical symbols, and notes of sections, chapters and general rules. It is an international language that is used as the basis for definitions of more than 176 countries or customs unions and 104 countries are signatories to their international convention.
Advantages of HS code Application:
- This system has helped governments develop a precise mechanism for determining duties and taxes on goods.
- Facilitate the process of providing and processing accurate information to investors and researchers.
- All commodities in the HS code are characterized under clear labels, facilitating the import and export process.
(7) Can we track our shipment?